Saturday 13 February 2016

Christmas magic

Hi all,

I've been playing with the thought of getting a set of Polychomos pencils lately, but on the other hand I tend to REALLY NEED all kinds of colouring mediums, and then end up not using them enough.

I also REALLY want a set of ZIG real brush pens, and the only reason I still don't have any is, that my orders went wrong twice. The first time I ordered them on ebay, someone hat put in the wrong picture and wrong description and actually wanted to sell entirely different pens. Well, they were too cheap to be real, so that was that.
And the second time my order was shipped from Japan but never arrived. Bright point, the money was returned to me without any trouble.

Anyhow, knowing myself and my budget, I decided not to invest in the Polychromos' yet, and try to make do with my Inktense pencils instead.

This is my first try at using them without a lot of water. I actually created that card before Christmas and already used it, which is why you can see part of the name on the envelope.  




For this card I once again used several stamp sets to create the scene. After stamping and some masking I coloured the image with the dry pencils, doing all the shading. When it was all done, I carefully used just a little water to activate the colour and blend it a bit more.

After all had dried I used the white pencil to add a few highlight and also colour in the white areas. Unlike all the other colours, the white covers best when used dry.

I really like how this card turned out. Especially the shadows look good, apart from the fact that I messed up their direction.

I also like the sentiment a lot, it's so playful.


So, that's it for today, have a great time and don't forget, only 315 days 'till Christamas.

Ho Ho Ho
Ela



Challenges:
Simon says stamp: One Layer
Less is more: #263 One Layer with a stem (hope the mushroom's stems count)
The daily marker: 30 days coloring challenge

10 comments:

  1. i'm sure a mushroom stem is also a stem, clever idea, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are wonderful on kraft card, Ela! I love your design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Your attention to detail in colouring this in is super.
    Ha Ha. That mushroom 'stem' is an ingenious take on the challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say your mushroom stems are just fine and your colouring on kraft is simply fab!
    Super card!
    Thanks so much Ela
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic little Christmas card! Too cute!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic scene, gorgeous colouring and a perfect one layer creation
    Thanks for playing along this week at Less is More.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, like you I love vivid colours on kraft!
    Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete