Saturday 5 September 2015

Birthday lanterns with alcohol markers

Hi Crafters,

I made a card! 
Yes, I know, that shouldn't be worth mentioning on a card maker's blog, but I didn't manage a single one all summer. The holidays were all busy busy, and my muse seems to have been on holiday too. 

School is starting next week, with a lot of Birthdays coming up, so I am settling back in my daily business. To activate my creative mojo, I re-created the last card I made,  but with different means and a little twist. 


Last time, I masked off the lanterns and used distress inks to sponge the background. This time I did the whole panel with alcohol markers. I only sponged on a tiny bit of black soot distress ink to darken the edges. 

For the back ground I stamped the images in dark yellow as before but this time I also used my alcohol markers to create the shadows. I created the envelope similarly, but I didn't want the alcohol ink to bleed through so I used my Tombow blender pen for the shadows. The area for the address was masked off of course.


So, what's the twist? Here it is: The inside is not white, but the same yellowish orange as the matte.


I had that idea when I created my first card, but didn't have enough of the card stock, so I decided to try that with another version. I love the bright sunny colour and the little surprise when you open the card. I think I might do that  more often in future. 

So, that's almost it for today. For those of you who are used to comments from me on their blogs: Girls, I didn't abandon you, I just didn't get around anything card making this summer, not even blog reading. I'll be back! Promised!

Lots of love
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment