Tuesday 2 December 2014

Christmas cats


Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a good week-end.
All of a sudden it’s December, and I really have to get going, with regards to Christmas presents and summer holiday planning. At least I have most of my Christmas cards prepared already.

I also gave myself some stamps as a pre-Christmas present. I am feeling quite guilty for spending the money, but they are all Christmas sets. To get them after Christmas is not really useful, so I decided to get them now, while I can still use them on Christmas cards. I ordered them from UK and I really thought they would take longer to be delivered. They came pretty quickly, so I used the week-end to create the first cards with them.





Nala
This is clearly my favorite card with the new stamps so far, because I colored the cat like my little devil. I’ll keep this card secret from my daughters and give it to them for Christmas. I don’t usually give them a Christmas card, because we celebrate together, so they usually just get tags on their gifts, but I know they will appreciate this one a lot.

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it with my alcohol markers, including the background. Then I cut a stitched panel and a scalloped white mat with my new die set from Mama Elephant (Julia, your fault I had to get these… ;)) and adhered it all to a red card base and added a few sequins.

Phoebe
I really need to find a good way of coloring my other cat as well. She is black and red, but mostly black with only very few clearly define red spots. Most of the red is mixed in, so that’s a bit more difficult. This is her at the left.





Lots of kitty love

Ela




Challenges:
CAS on Sunday: Children's Card
Inky Paws Challenge: #16 Christmas 
Simon says Stamp: Anything goes
Totally Gorjuss: #264 Christmas Animal

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card ;)
    Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the perfect inspiration!! Love your inking and details for this darling card! Well done, Ela! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card really love it.thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is very pretty! I love that you colored the cat to look like yours! I do see how your other kitty would be a little harder to color but it's a good excuse to color more and practice!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Christmas Challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete