Sunday 26 October 2014

Underwater thoughts

Hi Crafters,

and happy Sunday. I used two more of the acrylic block stamped panels I created last night, to create a very simple one layer card and matching envelope.



I used greens and blues on the clear block and because I laid the panel on the (finally turned on) radiator to dry, my panel got three slightly angled darker streaks. These reminded me of sun rays shining through water, especially after I had stamped the black plant silhouette. So I decided that's what it is, an underwater card.

I added a simple sentiment and a few drops of glossy accents and adhered it all to an off-white card base. I chose off-white, because my watercolor paper isn't bright white either.

Then I decided to use another of the panels to adhere to the front of the envelope. I would have preferred if the envelope had been one layer too, but I don't have large enough sheets of watercolor paper.


Have a great day
Ela



Challenges:
Just add ink: #237 Clear block stamping
CAS on Sunday: #45 One layer wonder



7 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love how these turned out with the clear block stamping technique. I agree, it looks like sunrays through water...I'm actually imagining being underwater and seeing that beautiful pattern you've created so beautifully. Thanks for sharing and playing along to Just Add Ink this week. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just beautiful! You have created such beautiful panels with your clear blocks, Ela - and finished your projects so nicely. Thanks for playing along again with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just lovely Ela, the simple design and lovely bold colour block stamping looks lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - I really like the way you have done the silhouette stamping. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the effect you have achieved here. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete