Sunday 19 October 2014

Merry Christmas

Hi Crafters,

I haven't been up to much this week unfortunately, at least not in crafting. It's somehow been a busy week. 

But last night I found myself a little craft time and created this card.



I've used  the stamp set a lot lately, but hardly ever did I use it as intended, with the tree. I mostly used the tiny images. So this time, I wanted to really trim the tree.

I started off by stamping out lots of the small images and the tree and coloring them with alcohol markers. I took a very long time trying to blend the greens of the tree and in the end I wasn't at all happy with it. But I decided that the ornaments would probably cover enough. And they did. 

Then I die cut all the images and arranged them on and under the tree. I used the pieces that were left over to embellish the envelop as well. 

I ran the front of the card base through a snowflake embossing folder and used distress inks to watercolor a little shadow underneath the tree. It's mostly covered by the gifts, but you can see it a little. The banner was cut out from red cardstock and white embossed with the sentiment. Then I added faux stitching and a candy cane to the banner and adhered it to the card base, flat on the top and popped up just a little on the bottom.


Have a great Sunday
Ela

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ela, your card is great! All the tiny stuff on the tree... that's so cute!
    And time flies right now, isn't it? Me no likey.
    - Jessa

    ReplyDelete