Monday 13 October 2014

Chalkboard Birthday

Hey crafters,


I've been making a lot of non-birthday cards lately, but this week-end I wanted to do some more Birthday cards. You can never have to many....

I think this Happy Birthday stamp is perfect for a chalkboard look, so I wanted to try that.




I paired it the make a wish stamp from the same set, just to make  the sentiment even larger. I heat embossed it in white on my black panel and stamped it a second time with white pigment ink, slightly offset to create a shadow effect. I also stamped the swirls and stars from the set, though only once and added an uneven frame with a white gel pen. 

When all had dried I used a dry baby wipe to add some more white ink mostly around the edges to create the chalkboard look. Then I adhered it to a simple red card base and stamped and doodled the envelope to make it  match.

Looking at it now from a distance of two days I am impressed that I managed to use three different sentiments from one set all on one card. And all the tiny lines and stars too. 


Now I am off to bed, I am not feeling all too well tonight. Better get some sleep.
Have a great time
Ela



Challenges:
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday
Virginia's View: clean & simple

3 comments:

  1. Das Set gefällt mir auch sehr gut! Toll den Rahmen vom chalkboard auf dem Umschlag zu wiederholen!
    LG,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so artsy and lovely, Ela! GREAT job on using this stamp for the chalkboard effect! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Those big bold sentiments are perfect for your chalkboard technique! thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete