Wednesday 3 September 2014

Snowman Christmas card

Hello Everyone,

Challenges really can help you with your creativity. I decided to work on some last Monday, and as you may have seen I was pretty creative. 

Some of my cards didn't meet the requirements for the challenges I created them for in the end, but who cares. I've had the fun and the card is done, inspired by a challenge, even if I cannot submit it. 

This card is one of such. I had three challenges in mind for it, but only submitted it for two of them... 





The snowman and bird are colored with alcohol markers, the scarf and hat are paper pieced. The card base is dry embossed with snowflakes, the panel and sentiment are popped up on foam adhesive.

I really like that card, but it took too long for mass production, with all the stamping, die cutting, embossing and coloring.

 For the envelop and inside I stamped the birds in light grey ink. I wanted to use copics, but didn't want them to bleed through to the back, so I did a simple water coloring on the inside.

 


I am looking forward to the holiday season.


An early merry Christmas
Ela

Edit:
I didn't like the original foto, because I had to take it with flash, so the details were hard to see. Therefore I uploaded a daylight shot this morning and kept the original at the very bottom, so as not to disturb the challenge linkups.





Challenges:
Creative Friday: #110 Struktur / Texture
CAS(E) this sketch: #90

No comments:

Post a Comment