Thursday 11 September 2014

Kingfisher Birthday card

Hello Everyone,

I created this card the other day, which I liked a lot and already sent to a friend who is only slowly recovering after surgery. Now my initial idea was to use it with embossing paste, so I still wanted to do that. 

Besides, I just bought Wendy Vecchi embossing paste, because I really disliked my old structure paste, which simply isn't as nice. So I wanted to try that as well. I must say, it's really cool. Much smoother and nicer than my old paste. Not as heavy somehow.


For the new card, I cut a light grey cardbase and added some texture with the embossing paste and a stencil with irregular little dots, called "well rounded".

Then I created the bird with Inktense pencils on water color paper (using another stencil). Pretty much like the original one, though the colors turned out darker. I also went for more of a kingfisher look, with the orange belly and dark beak. I cut out the bird leaving a white border and and adhered it to the cardbase. The sentiment banner was popped up with foam dots.


This time I didn't use a store bought envelop but created my own from the same cardstock. I also added some embossing paste to the front and even across the fold lines, just to see how that worked. It seems to be fine, but it would probably be better to handdeliver this envelop. I am not sure if it would pass through the mail alright.

I am surprised at how much I like this bird stencil, I hadn't expected that. I really need to try out a few other colors on it, see how that looks.


Have a great day
Ela


Challenges:
Stempelküche: Geburtstag / Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment