Saturday 9 August 2014

Wild Birthday

Hello Crafters,

my friend's son had his birthday this week. He loves "go wild" on TV, so his Mum planned a wildlife party for him. Therefore I wanted to create some kind of jungle / wild animal card for him. Originally I planned to re-create one I had done before, but in the end I just cased it and created a new one with a similar look. Here's the original:





And the second card which was inspired by the first:



I drew the same tiger on watercolor paper with a copic liner, so it wouldn't bleed. Then I created the background and colored the tiger with watercolor (not inktense this time). I used a German sentiment, because the boy is only 8, and cut the letters for the card and the envelop from another piece of watercolored paper with the Tim Holtz Alphabetical die.

Unfortunately I turned the envelop over to attach the letters, because I used an acrylic block to get a straight line and entirely failed to get the name on the right place. It ended up on the left of the envelop, but I decided, I just meant to do it this way...

By the way, the sentiment is from this set, which I absolutely love:





It's created by a Lady who sells her own stampsets on dawanda. If you're interested in her sets, click on the picture to see her shop.It's on summer holiday right now, but I am sure it will be back soon.


Love
Ela

Challenges:

Seize the birthday: Anything goes birthday
Less is more: Foliage (not sure it counts)

No comments:

Post a Comment