Sunday 31 August 2014

Special feathers

Hey Crafters,

We're enjoying a lazy Sunday today, sleeping in, late breakfast - I love that my girls are old enough for that now - a bit of crafting together and later a nice cup of coffee at my sister-in-law.

We didn't bring any store bought souvenirs for anyone from our trip this summer, but collected heaps of small stones instead, with which we're crafting our souvenirs. And while my girls were messing around with acrylic paint I used the opportunity to create another feather card.

I liked my negative die cut feathers lately, but didn't want to do the same again, so I tried to use it in another way. I cut feathers from a panel of grey cardstock several times and inlaid one of them (the only bigger one) with aqua cardstock. Then I created the sentiment on torn vellum with the "My imaginary friend says you're special" stamp from TAWS (Monster Mash), by inking up only the last words. Then I put the panel on tons of tiny foam dots and adhered it to the card base.

For the envelop I did what I usually do: I adhered two of the aqua feathers to it, and another one went on the inside of the card.





I am content with the result and already have another idea for the next card. A lovely last day of holidays.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me, but my girls have another week to go.


Have a great Sunday
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment