Sunday 4 May 2014

Watercolor peacock feathers

Hello everyone,

I've been back from easter holidays for a week now, but somehow didn't get to do much. Right now, quite a few things are going wrong in my life. But we all go through ups and downs, there'll be better times soon.


Today I'd like to show you 2 watercolor cards I created after Lindsay's tutorial. I used my set of Inktense pencils on watercolor paper and added a sentiment from a German sentment set that I like a lot.









In the background, that's the envelop, that I did with as little water as possible, because that's no watercolor paper. After it dried, I stuck both envelops in my big shot over night, to smooth them out. That works great, but you really should add two pieces of blank printer paper to the sandwitch, so you don't imprint the lines from the cutting plates on your work.

As usual, I like Lindsay's sooo much better, but I am glad I gave it a try. After all, you can't get better without practicing.

I am still undecided, if I should take the OOC watercolor class. I'd love to very much, but I'll probably have little time during the next 2 weeks and I had a few expensive things to pay lately, so I really shouldn't go spending money so easily right now. But I am still very tempted.


Love
Ela

1 comment:

  1. You can always sign up for the class later for self-study, if you decide you really want it. They usually drop the price a little for that too.

    Hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete